OOIDA

OOIDA (Owner Operators Independent Drivers Association) is the only lobbyists truckers have in Washington DC. They support drivers. They go to bat for us, even on local levels, and against trucking companies who screw drivers. Please support them. I think there membership is only $45 a year, and they send you the LandLine magazine which is packed full of great info, comments, and stories.

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Retired

This is from an email I received from someone......


I’m Retired!!
  
I was sitting in my pickup truck at a long stop light yesterday.
Thinking about what I would do to keep busy for the rest of the week, minding my own
business and patiently waiting for the light to turn green, even though there was no traffic.

An old Nissan full of bearded, young, loud Muslims, shouting Anti-American slogans, with a half-burned American Flag duct-taped on the trunk of their car, and a “Remember 9-11" slogan spray painted on the side, stopped next to me.

Suddenly they yelled, “ Allah Akbar! Praise Allah! Death to America”  and took off before the light changed.  Out of nowhere an 18 wheeler truck came speeding through the intersection and ran directly over their car, crushing it and killing everyone in it!

For several minutes I sat in my car thinking: “Man that could have been me!”


So, today I went right down to the DMV an applied for my CDL Truck Driver’s License.

No comments:

Post a Comment