OOIDA

OOIDA (Owner Operators Independent Drivers Association) is the only lobbyists truckers have in Washington DC. They support drivers. They go to bat for us, even on local levels, and against trucking companies who screw drivers. Please support them. I think there membership is only $45 a year, and they send you the LandLine magazine which is packed full of great info, comments, and stories.

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Of all of the stupid FMCSA rules and regulations, I think that the mandatory 30-minute break is the most destructive.
First of all, the studies that they did didn't reflect the average driver.  They studied participants that they felt would give them their desired results.  Even if the results did not totally prove anything, they didn't listen to the drivers during the comment period anyway.
I have decided to create this post so that not only truck drivers can voice an opinion and keep up to date on some of the ever changing stupid Government rules and regulations, but I also want to get the general public informed about these things as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment